[Gluster-users] How-To downgrade GlusterFS

Micha Ober micha2k at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 11:31:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

I was using gluster 3.4 and upgraded to 3.8, but that version showed to be
unusable for me. I now need to downgrade.

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04. As upgrades of the op version are irreversible, I
guess I have to delete all gluster volumes and re-create them with the
downgraded version.

0. Backup data
1. Unmount all gluster volumes
2. apt-get purge glusterfs-server glusterfs-client
3. Remove PPA for 3.8
4. Add PPA for older version
5. apt-get install glusterfs-server glusterfs-client
6. Create volumes

Is "purge" enough to delete all configuration files of the currently
installed version or do I need to  manually clear some residues before
installing an older version?

Thanks.