[Gluster-users] How to enable shared_storage?

Saravanakumar Arumugam sarumuga at redhat.com
Sat Nov 19 09:16:10 UTC 2016

On 11/19/2016 01:39 AM, Alexandr Porunov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to enable shared storage for Geo-Replication but I am not sure
> that I do it properly.
>
> Here is what I do:
> # gluster volume set all cluster.enable-shared-storage enable
> volume set: success
>
> # mount -t glusterfs 127.0.0.1:gluster_shared_storage
> /var/run/gluster/shared_storage
> ERROR: Mount point does not exist
> Please specify a mount point
> Usage:
> man 8 /sbin/mount.glusterfs

This error means /var/run/gluster/shared_storage directory does NOT exists.

But, running the  command (gluster volume set all
cluster.enable-shared-storage enable)
should carry out the mounting automatically. (so, there is no need to
manually mount).

Check after running "gluster volume set all
cluster.enable-shared-storage enable"
     1. gluster volume info
      2. glusterfs process started with volfile-id as
gluster_shared_storage.

Thanks,
Saravana