[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Community Meetings - Feedback on new meeting format

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 12:46:03 UTC 2016

> This has resulted in several good changes,
> a. Meetings are now more livelier with more people speaking up and
> making themselves heard.
> b. Each topic in the open floor gets a lot more time for discussion.
> c. Developers are sending out weekly updates of works they are doing,
> and linking those mails in the meeting agenda.

I agree with these points.  People seem much more engaged during the
meeting, which is a good thing.

> Thought the response and attendance to the initial 2 meetings was
> good, it dropped for the last 2. This week in particular didn't have a
> lot of updates added to the meeting agenda. It seems like interest has
> dropped already.
>
> We could probably do a better job of collecting updates to make it
> easier for people to add their updates, but the current format of
> adding updates to etherpad(/hackmd) is simple enough. I'd like to know
> if there is anything else preventing people from providing updates.

I'm one of the culprits here.  As an observation, not an excuse, I'll
point out that we were already missing lots of updates from people
who didn't even show up to the meetings.  Has the overall level of
missed updates gone up or down?  Has the level of attention paid to
them?  If people provide updates about as consistently, and those
updates are at least as detailed (possibly more because they're
written and meant to be read asynchronously), then we might actually
be *ahead* of where we were before.

The new format gets a big +1 from me.