[Gluster-users] Community Meetings - Feedback on new meeting format

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:53:07 UTC 2016

Hi All,

We have begun following a new format for the weekly community meetings
for the past 4 weeks.

The new format is just a massive Open floor for everyone to discuss a
topic of their choice. The old boring weekly updates have been
relegated to just being notes in the meeting agenda. The meetings are
being captured into wiki [1][2][3], and give a good picture of what's
been happening in the community in the past week.

The format was trialed the format for 3 weeks (we actually did an
extra week, and will follow it next week as well). We'd like hear
feedback about this from the community. It'll be good if your feedback
covers the following,
1. What did you like or not like about the new format?
2. What could be done better?
3. Should we continue with the format?

---
I'll begin with my feedback.

This has resulted in several good changes,
a. Meetings are now more livelier with more people speaking up and
making themselves heard.
b. Each topic in the open floor gets a lot more time for discussion.
c. Developers are sending out weekly updates of works they are doing,
and linking those mails in the meeting agenda.

Thought the response and attendance to the initial 2 meetings was
good, it dropped for the last 2. This week in particular didn't have a
lot of updates added to the meeting agenda. It seems like interest has
dropped already.

We could probably do a better job of collecting updates to make it
easier for people to add their updates, but the current format of
adding updates to etherpad(/hackmd) is simple enough. I'd like to know
if there is anything else preventing people from providing updates.

I vote we continue with the new format.
---

Everyone please provide your feedback by replying to this mail. We'll
be going over the feedback in the next meeting.

Thanks.
~kaushal

[1]: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/wiki/Community-Meeting-2016-11-16
[2]: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/wiki/Community-Meeting-2016-11-09