[Gluster-users] Last week in GD2 - 2016-11-16

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:48:36 UTC 2016

Hi All,

There was one big change in GD2 in the past week.

Prashanth completed embedding etcd into GD2 [1]. There is still a
little work remaining to store/restore etcd configuration on GD2
restarts. Once that is done, we'll do a new release of GD2.

I've continued working on volgen at [2]. I can now build a dependency
graph for a brick. This not the final graph though, as it needs to be
linearized to get the volume graph. I'll working on this next.

In addition, the test program now outputs a graphviz dotfile output of
the created graph, the makes it easier to visualize the graph during
development. A sample generate graph can be viewed at [3].

I'm still planning the hangout on volgen, but it will be done (sometime soon).

Thanks,
Kaushal

[1]: https://github.com/gluster/glusterd2/pull/148
[2]: https://github.com/kshlm/glusterd2-volgen