[Gluster-users] 3.7.16 with sharding corrupts VMDK files when adding and removing bricks

David Gossage dgossage at carouselchecks.com
Sat Nov 12 15:13:00 UTC 2016

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 7:42 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta <
gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Il 12 nov 2016 14:27, "Lindsay Mathieson" <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com>
> ha scritto:
> >
> > gluster volume reset <volname> *finger twitch*
> >

> > And boom! volume gone.
> >

> There are too many destructive operations in gluster :)
>
> More security on stored data please!

I like Lindsay's idea of a lock setting or a flag that adds a confirmation
response requirement after every gluster command run.

also maybe a code monkey to sit at my keyboard and screech at me whenever I
type sudo so I pay attention to what I am about to do.