[Gluster-users] Automation of single server addition to replica

Lopez, Dan-Joe dan-joe.lopez at sap.com
Tue Nov 8 23:28:51 UTC 2016

Hello All,

                I'd like to automate a gluster replica cluster in a way that allows me to later add single servers on the fly.  I can't seem to understand from the docs how I might achieve this.  It seems logical that a replica cluster needs to have at least 2 servers initially, but thereafter, I see no reason that I shouldn't be able to add a single server to the cluster.  From what I have read, it seems that the number of servers I add in the future needs to match the number of servers that I started with.

e.g. replica 1 doesn't really make sense, and isn't allowed, but if I start with replica n; I must always add n servers at a time to the volume, I can't just add one server to have an n+1 replica...

If anyone could point me in the right direction here, I'd really appreciate it.

Dan-Joe Lopez