[Gluster-users] [Nfs-ganesha-devel] Understandings of ganesha-ha.sh

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 05:41:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 11/05/2016 12:29 AM, ML Wong wrote:
> I like to ask for some recommendations here.
>
> 1) For /usr/libexec/ganesha/ganesha-ha.sh, as we have been taking
> advantages of using pacemaker+corosync for some other services, however,
> we always run into the issue of losing other resources we setup in the
> cluster when we run ganesha-ha.sh add/delete. Just like to know if
> that's what is expected?  I have already tried 2 different setups, they
> both give me the same result, just like to better understand if i need
> to find a way to work around for our environment.

Do you mean you are using pacemaker+corosync to manage services other
than nfs-ganesha and you loose those resources when ganesha.sh
add/delete operation is performed? Could you please provide details
about those resources affected?

> 2) Have anyone of you running into a scenario - with a demand of only
> adding capacity to the Gluster volume, but not necessary to add more
> nodes available to the Cluster? Meaning, continue adding bricks
> accordingly to the existing Gluster volume, but without doing the
> ganesha-ha.sh  --add node process?  Is it a bad idea? Or, between
> Ganesha, and Gluster, do they have to have same number of
> "HA_CLUSTER_NODES" as the number of Gluster peers?

Its perfectly acceptable. Ganesha cluster is a subset of Gluster trusted
storage pool. So you can increase the capacity of gluster volume without
the need to alter the nfs-ganesha cluster.

> 3) Have anyone in the list tried adding nodes into Ganesha without using
> ganesha-ha.sh? And, just by using "pcs"? Ganesha team, do i miss any
> other resource, and constraints for new nodes?
> a) nfs_setup/mon/grace-clone
> b) [node]-cluster_ip-1,
> c) location constraint for each member-node with score priority
> d) location-nfs-grace-clone
> e) order constraints

I am not sure if any one has tried out that. We strongly recommend to
use the ganesha.sh script as there could be additions/fixes which went
in that script w.r.t cluster configuration. You may have to double-check
the resources and constraints every time you try to configure them
manually. Do you see any difference between using the script and the
manual configuration?

Thanks,
Soumya