[Gluster-users] Understandings of ganesha-ha.sh

ML Wong wongmlb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 18:59:34 UTC 2016

I like to ask for some recommendations here.

1) For /usr/libexec/ganesha/ganesha-ha.sh, as we have been taking
advantages of using pacemaker+corosync for some other services, however, we
always run into the issue of losing other resources we setup in the cluster
when we run ganesha-ha.sh add/delete. Just like to know if that's what is
expected?  I have already tried 2 different setups, they both give me the
same result, just like to better understand if i need to find a way to work
around for our environment.

2) Have anyone of you running into a scenario - with a demand of only
adding capacity to the Gluster volume, but not necessary to add more nodes
available to the Cluster? Meaning, continue adding bricks accordingly to
the existing Gluster volume, but without doing the ganesha-ha.sh  --add
node process?  Is it a bad idea? Or, between Ganesha, and Gluster, do they
have to have same number of "HA_CLUSTER_NODES" as the number of Gluster
peers?

3) Have anyone in the list tried adding nodes into Ganesha without using
ganesha-ha.sh? And, just by using "pcs"? Ganesha team, do i miss any other
resource, and constraints for new nodes?
a) nfs_setup/mon/grace-clone
b) [node]-cluster_ip-1,
c) location constraint for each member-node with score priority
d) location-nfs-grace-clone
e) order constraints

Thanks all,
Melvin
For gluster-user, i am not sure if this is the right list to post. Sorry
for the spam.