[Gluster-users] Gluster Community Newsletter, May 2016

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Fri May 27 19:15:14 UTC 2016

Important happenings for Gluster this month:
We're closing in on a 3.8 release, with release candidate 2 released on May
24th. (http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-May/049642.html)
Our 3.8 roadmap of features is available at:
https://www.gluster.org/community/roadmap/3.8/
Our current timeline is to have a release in June, so update your release
notes!

Gluster Developers Summit:
October 6, 7 directly following LinuxCon Berlin
https://www.gluster.org/events/summit2016/

This is an invite-only event, but you can apply for an invitation. Deadline
for application is July 31, 2016.
Apply for an invitation:
http://goo.gl/forms/JOEzoimW9qVV4jdz1

Gluster.org events page:
Instead of having just a publicpad, we now have an area on the website
where oyu can add upcoming talks, meetups and other events.
https://www.gluster.org/events/
-- To contribute an event, submit a pull request to the glusterweb github
account.
See something that should be moved over from the publicpad? Feel free to
contribute!

Change in presentation tracking:
We have a new slideshare account to share Gluster-related presentations
with.
Find everything that was previously in the documentation site over at the
new slideshare account.
http://www.slideshare.net/GlusterCommunity/

Top 5 contributors:
Kaleb S. Keithley, Prasanna Kumar Kalever, Pranith Kumar K, Niels de Vos,
Krutika Dhananjay

Upcoming CFPs:
LinuxCon Europe: (
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-europe/program/cfp)  June