[Gluster-users] Gluster update

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:44:20 UTC 2016

Il 27/05/2016 13:34, Lindsay Mathieson ha scritto:

> Major upgrades of any system tend to involve pain - I know the ceph
> upgrade from Hammer to Jewel (9.x - 10.x) was a non trivial procedure
> that involved taking the cluster down.

A clustered system, aiming to host many petabytes of datas should be
developed by allowing rolling upgrads with backward compatibility.

Shutting down the whole infrastructure is never an option. Actually,
even with Gluster, we have the same drawback of standard SANs
where a firmware update need to reboot the whole storage.