[Gluster-users] Gluster update

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:34:01 UTC 2016

On 27/05/2016 9:22 PM, Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff wrote:
> I just read that... Anyway, I hope that it's possible. I'm with you
> since I don't see a point in a clustered file system if you can't take
> a node down by plan. Not only to upgrade GlusterFS, but the entire
> system.

I've done rolling upgrades of point releases without issues (replica 3
volume), so long as you're slow and methodical I don't think its an issue.

Major upgrades of any system tend to involve pain - I know the ceph
upgrade from Hammer to Jewel (9.x - 10.x) was a non trivial procedure
that involved taking the cluster down.

--
Lindsay Mathieson