[Gluster-users] Gluster update

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu May 26 20:43:41 UTC 2016

Il 26 mag 2016 22:16, "David Gossage" <dgossage at carouselchecks.com> ha
scritto:
> If I have those sort of uptime requirements  what I typically do is have
2 clusters of vm's and storage so I can have primary/secondary on different
clusters so they can be brought down and have the other up.  Otherwise
regardless of updates or not I run the risk of one failure bringing
everything down.

Not al services can be split in multiple hosts, in example a huge VM
managed by a customer.

A scale-out strorage should not have SPOF, issues could happen to all, but
having to bring down everything for a simple software update in a storage
made to be high available is non-sense.

If bring down everything is really needed to upgrade, gluster can not be
considered highly available

Bring down single host or server is ok, what is not ok and is nonsense is
bring down the whole infrastructure as stated on official docs.
doc is saying that no one can access the volumes,  no clients,  no servers,
so, the whole infrastructure must be taken down