[Gluster-users] Gluster update

Dj Merrill gluster at deej.net
Thu May 26 18:08:51 UTC 2016

On 05/26/2016 11:57 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> I've seen that the raccomenfedd procedure is with downtime, shutting
> down all clients and after that upgrade gluster

Our upgrade procedure is to upgrade the servers first (shutdown the
Gluster service on a server, upgrade that server, then reboot, then go
to the next server once it has come back online and sync'ed), then the
clients one by one.  No downtime, except rebooting the individual
machines one by one as running tasks allow.

Gluster services our HPC Grid so it is not uncommon to have a client on
the previous version for several days until jobs finish running on it so
it can be rebooted.  Note this is going between minor revisions, like
3.7.x to 3.7.y.

-Dj