[Gluster-users] Gluster update

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:57:18 UTC 2016

I was looking at upgrade procedure for gluster

I've seen that the raccomenfedd procedure is with downtime, shutting down
all clients and after that upgrade gluster

Is that true? Very strange, on huge clusters with hundreds of clients and
thousands of virtual machines (gluster is a scale-out storage so huge
clusters should be normal) would be a mess and a lot of time and money loss

I'm not using gluster but i know for sure that i can't shutdown all of my
VMs (actually about 190) for an upgrade
This means shutting down all redundancy, in example I'll have to shut down
all nameservers. All of my domains will stop working even the ones pointing
outside my network
No DNS =no mails, no sites and so on