[Gluster-users] 2 nodes volume with existing data

CHEVALIER Pierre pchevalier at imajing.org
Tue May 17 08:29:25 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I have found a similar question in the ML but didn't find the answer I
wanted.
My situation is  the following :
We have 2 existing data storage unit with 72TB each, with 10TB left.
Currently these storage unit are synced using rsync periodically. We
want to tansform these 2 nodes into glusterfs bricks without loosing any
data or deleting a node.

I was thinking setting up the 2 nodes with glusterfs in replica this way :

1) Rsync server1/brick1 and server2/brick2 content
2) Create the gluster replica and start :
gluster volume create volume1 replica 2 transport tcp server1:/brick1
server2:/brick1
gluster volume start volume1

Then, should I run a healing process, or stat each files in order to
self heal ?

What happens if there is a slight difference between the 2 nodes,
mathematically if :
server1/brick1= server2/brick1+delta

Will the delta part impact server1, or will it be lost  ?

Maybe I worry for nothing, but as these 2 nodes host important data, I
wanted to make sure that eveything is OK.

Thanks for your help !

--
Pierre CHEVALIER