[Gluster-users] Diamond metrics collector

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 13:07:21 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:51:52AM +0100, Charles Williams wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Finally took the time to hammer out a Diamond metrics collector. It's
> currently functional beta (in production on one of our gluster
> clusters). Would like to get some help testing it a bit. So if you
> have Diamond collecting metrics for you then try it out.
>
> https://wiki.itadmins.net/filesystems/glusterfs_diamond_metrics

I'm missing a little detail here. I've never heard of "Diamond metrics"
before. A little duckduckgo'ing suggests that it would be this project:

  https://github.com/python-diamond/Diamond

That sounds very interesting. Monitoring is something every environment
needs and each one has different requirements. Diamond support for
Gluster can definitely use some examples.

Do you think you could write a blog post or wiki article that contains
screenshots or so? It also may be very helpful to get your collector
included in the standard Diamond installation. Have you thought about
sending it to the python-Diamond project?

Thanks!
Niels