[Gluster-users] nfs-ganesha volume null errors

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 09:05:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 03/14/2016 04:06 AM, ML Wong wrote:
> Running CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511, glusterfs 3.7.8
> (glusterfs-server-3.7.8-2.el7.x86_64),
> nfs-ganesha-gluster-2.3.0-1.el7.x86_64
>
> 1) Ensured the connectivity between gluster nodes by using PING
> 2) Disabled NetworkManager (Loaded: loaded
> (/usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service; disabled)
> 3) Gluster 'gluster_shared_storage' is created by using (gluster volume
> set all cluster.enable-shared-storage enable), and are all mounted under
> /run/gluster/shared_storage, and nfs-ganesha directory is also created
> after the feature being enabled
> 4) Emtpy out /etc/ganesha/ganesha.conf (have tested ganesha running as a
> stand-alone NFS server)
> 5) Installed pacemaker, corosync, and resource-agents
> 6) Reset 'hacluster' system-user password to be the same:
>          # pcs cluster auth -u hacluster mlw-fusion1 mlw-fusion2 mlw-fusion3
>          Password:
>          mlw-fusion2: Authorized
>          mlw-fusion3: Authorized
>          mlw-fusion1: Authorized
> 7) IPv6 is enabled - (IPV6INIT=yes in
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-en*)
> 8) Started pcsd, and corosync
> 9) Created /var/lib/glusterd/nfs/secret.pem, and transfer to the other 2
> nodes
>          # ssh -i secret.pem root at mlw-fusion3 "echo helloworld"
>          helloworld
> 9) Transfer the following ganesha-ha.conf to the other nodes in the
> cluster, but change the HA_VOL_SERVER value accordingly to mlw-fusion2,
> and mlw-fusion3
>
> HA_NAME="ganesha-ha-01"
> HA_VOL_SERVER="mlw-fusion1"
> HA_CLUSTER_NODES="mlw-fusion1,mlw-fusion2,mlw-fusion3"
> VIP_mlw_fusion1="192.168.30.201"
> VIP_mlw_fusion2="192.168.30.202"
> VIP_mlw_fusion3="192.168.30.203"
>
> Question 1) As i am new to nfs-ganesha, pacemaker, corosync, i was
> mostly puzzled by the error message found in the
> 'etc-glusterfs-glusterd.vol.log'. It seems like it will show the below
> message regardless of what i have done to troubleshoot - So, what Volume
> does these error messages are referring to?

Just a guess. Since this option is not tied to any particular volume, it
may have thrown (null) in the error message.  Could you check
'/var/log/messages' and '/var/log/pacemaker.log' for the
errors/warnings. Since they are running RHEL 7, please check if there
are denials from selinux or firewalld.

Is that referring to the
> HA_VOL_NAME in the /usr/libexec/ganesha/ganesha-ha.sh? Do I need to
> change any of the 4 HA_* variables inside ganesha-ha.sh?
>          HA_NUM_SERVERS=0
>          HA_SERVERS=""
>          HA_CONFDIR="/etc/ganesha"
>          HA_VOL_NAME="gluster_shared_storage"
>          HA_VOL_MNT="/run/gluster/shared_storage"
No. You need not change any of these variables.

> E [MSGID: 106123] [glusterd-syncop.c:1407:gd_commit_op_phase]
> 0-management: Commit of operation 'Volume (null)' failed on localhost :
> Failed to set up HA config for NFS-Ganesha. Please check the log file
> for details
>
> Question 2) do I really have to start corosync before enabling nfs-ganesha?
No. The setup automatically starts pacemaker and corosync services.

Thanks,
Soumya