[Gluster-users] about heal full

songxin songxin_1980 at 126.com
Mon Mar 14 07:19:53 UTC 2016

Hi,
I have create a replicate volume and I want  to run "gluster volume heal gv0 full".

I found that if I run "gluster volume heal gv0 full" on one board it always output err like below.
         Launching heal operation to perform full self heal on volume gv0 has been unsuccessful

But If I run "heal full " on the another board it alway sucessful.

I found the code of glusterfs as  below.

                if (gf_uuid_compare (brickinfo->uuid, candidate) > 0)
                        gf_uuid_copy (candidate, brickinfo->uuid);

                if ((*index) % hxl_children == 0) {
                        if (!gf_uuid_compare (MY_UUID, candidate)) {
                                _add_hxlator_to_dict (dict, volinfo,
                                                      ((*index)-1)/hxl_children,
                                                      (*hxlator_count));
                                (*hxlator_count)++;
                        }
                        gf_uuid_clear (candidate);
                }

My question is below:
Must I run "heal full" on the board whose uuid is the biggest?
If so, how cound I know which is the biggest board before I try to run "heal full" on every board?

Thanks,
Xin