[Gluster-users] glusterfs ctdb issues

Daniel Filipazzi daniel.filipazzi at med.lu.se
Thu Mar 10 13:47:09 UTC 2016

Ive installed glusterfs successfully and set up the ctdb module to work with it.
When creating a new glusterfs volume glusterfs writes to smb.conf to create a share automatically, the share does not work "Unable to mount location".
I successfully created a share pointing to the gluster mount point see below, but i cant get the HA feature to work.

This works!
[csmb]
comment = Clustered Samba
public = yes
path = /share/
writeable = yes
ea support = yes

And this does not.

[gluster-share]
comment = share
vfs objects = glusterfs
glusterfs:volume = share
glusterfs:logfile = /var/log/samba/glusterfs-share.%M.log
glusterfs:loglevel = 7
path = /
read only = no
guest ok = yes

I used 3 nodes with a replicated glusterfs share to test this.
So i have 2 issues i need solved.
1. the config that glusterfs writes to smb.conf doesnt work why?
2. when one of the nodes shutsdown while a client writes to a ctdb share it stops completely and the client cant write to the share anymore. How do i get around this?
The other nodes should take over so the client can be able to write to the share when a node goes down.

The ctdb config:
 nodes:
192.168.1.10
192.168.1.11
192.168.1.13

public_addresses:
192.168.1.212/24 eth1

ctdb:
CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK=/opt/samba-config/lockfile
CTDB_PUBLIC_ADDRESSES=/opt/samba-config/public_addresses
CTDB_MANAGES_SAMBA=yes
CTDB_MANAGES_WINBIND=yes
CTDB_LOGFILE=/var/log/log.ctdb
CTDB_SYSLOG=no

Overall im having a hard time to make ctdb work properly, i would appreciate other peoples insight and thoughts around ctdb. To me it doesnt realy feel like a stable product.
Would you advice me to use ctdb in an environment that's in production?

Best regards

--

Daniel Filipazzi
Division of Oncology