[Gluster-users] Per-client prefered server?

Yannick Perret yannick.perret at liris.cnrs.fr
Fri Mar 4 12:29:51 UTC 2016

Le 04/03/2016 13:12, Krutika Dhananjay a écrit :
> You could configure read-subvolume for individual clients using the
> following mount option:
>
> mount -t glusterfs -o
> "xlator-option=*replicate*.read-subvolume-index=0"
>
> In the example above, 0 represents the zeroth child. If a particular
> client wants to use the second brick as the read child, use the following:
>
> mount -t glusterfs -o
> "xlator-option=*replicate*.read-subvolume-index=1"

Thanks for that tip!
Just a question: as our clients can migrate beetween buildings (not
often, but it happens), does using something like 'mount -o
"remount,xlator-option=*replicate*.read-subvolume-index=X" …' will allow
the client to point to the new target without stopping volume
availability for clients?

--
Y.