[Gluster-users] 3.7.12 disaster

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:26:59 UTC 2016

On 29/06/2016 10:48 PM, Kevin Lemonnier wrote:
> Just to add some info on that, I did a fresh install of 3.7.12 here (without setting that option)
> and I don't have a problem starting the VMs.
>
> I do have a problem the libgfapi though, I can't create VMs with qcow disks (I get a timeout)
> and I can create VMs with raw disks but when I try to format them with mkfs.ext4 they shut down
> without any errors.
> Maybe it's related ? Are you using qcow ?

Yes, I am

> I added the volume as NFS and I'm using that without any problem for now with both qwoc and raw, maybe
> you could try that, see if at least your VMs can boot that way.

Which NFS server are you using? the std one built into proxmox/debian?
how do you handle redundancy?

That did suggest to me trying using the fuse client, which proxmox
automatically sets up. I changed my gfgapi storage to shared directory
storage pointing to the fuse mount. That is working better, I have
several VM's running now and heal info isn't locking up or reporting any
issues.

However several other VM's won't start, qemu erros out with: "Could not
read qcow2 header: Operation not permitted", which freaked me out till I
manually checked the image with qemu-img, which reported it as fine.

Perhaps I need to reboot the cluster again to reset any locks or randomness.

--
Lindsay Mathieson