[Gluster-users] GlusterFS 3.7.11 crash issue

Anoop C S anoopcs at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 06:21:08 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-06-28 at 11:30 +0200, Yann LEMARIE wrote:
> Re,
>
> This file doesn't exist on the mounted filesystem and in the 2
> bricks.
> All directory "tmp" are used by our cdn to build resized images of
> the original one.
>
> It's a quite stupid to store them in the .trash, how to set this with
> the volume option ?
> > gluster volume set <VOLNAME> features.trash-eliminate-path <path1>

As mentioned in the Administration Guide [1] you can only use this
option to specify the eliminate pattern relative to the root of the
volume. For example, if trash-eliminate-path is set to /tmp, then any
files/directories under tmp directory(and its descendants) directly
under the root of the volume are excluded from trashing. Obviously
files/directories under a path /dir/tmp/ (relative to the root of the
volume) *will not* be a candidate for exclusion.
Whether setting trash-eliminate-path to
/medias/fjDtE6cAz80xweuAdoIcWCDYxo9FdPqIVL88Yrl8ZiGVIvdiyBD5u1pJUXBzYJ5
b/Dante_Olive/origin/tmp/ satisfy your need here? One thing to note
here is that in future if you would like to include more eliminate
paths you need to provide both previous and new patterns while issuing
the volume set command(because setting new value will replace the old
one).
[1] https://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Tras
h/#volume-options