[Gluster-users] setfacl: Operation not supported

Jiffin Tony Thottan jthottan at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 08:53:39 UTC 2016

Hi Evans,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I tried to reproduce on my setup(version 3.7.9) and it was working fine
for me.
But it was fairly reproducible with version which you had mentioned. I
don't know
which patch got fixed that issue, still I suggest to update your gluster
so that both
issues mentioned below will be solved

On 24/06/16 23:43, Evans, Kyle wrote:

> Hi Jiffin,
>

> Thanks for the help.  You understand correctly, I am talking about the
> client.  The problem is intermittent, and those lines DO appear in the
> log when it works but DO NOT appear in the log when it is broken.
>  Also, here is another log I am getting that may be relevant:
>

> [2016-06-13 17:39:33.128941] I [dict.c:473:dict_get]
> (-->/usr/lib64/glusterfs/3.7.5/xlator/system/posix-acl.so(posix_acl_setxattr_cbk+0x26)
> [0x7effdbdfb3a6]
> -->/usr/lib64/glusterfs/3.7.5/xlator/system/posix-acl.so(handling_other_acl_related_xattr+0x22)
> [0x7effdbdfb2a2] -->/lib64/libglusterfs.so.0(dict_get+0xac)
> [0x7effef3e80cc] ) 0-dict: !this || key=system.posix_acl_access
> [Invalid argument]

Ignore this , this is spurious message which was fixed by this patch
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13452/

--

Regards