[Gluster-users] Gluster Startup Issue

Danny Lee dannyl at vt.edu
Sat Jun 25 04:55:21 UTC 2016

So I've tried using a lot of your script, but I'm still unable to get past
the "Launching heal operation to perform full self heal on volume <volname>
has been unsuccessful on bricks that are down. Please check if all brick
processes are running." error message.  Everything else seems like it's
working, but the "gluster volume heal appian full" is never working.

Is there any way to figure out what exactly happened that would cause this
error message?  The logs don't seem very useful in determining what exactly
happened.  It seems to just state that it can't seem to "Commit" with the
other bricks.

When I restart the volume though, it sometimes fixes it, but not sure I
want to run a script that constantly restarts the volume until "gluster
volume heal appian full" is working.