[Gluster-users] Small files performance

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:25:11 UTC 2016

Il 01 giu 2016 22:06, "Gmail" <b.s.mikhael at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> stat() on NFS, is just a single stat() from the client to the storage
node, then all the storage nodes in the same replica group talk to each
other using libgfapi (no FUSE overhead)

> conclusion, I’d prefer NFS over FUSE with small files.
> drawback, NFS HA is more complicated to setup and maintain than FUSE.

NFS HA with ganesha should be easier than kernel NFS

Skipping the whole fuse stack should be good also for big files
with nfs replication is made directly by gluster servers with no client
involved?
In this case would be possibile to split the gluster networks with 10gb
used for replication and multiple 1gb bonded for clients.
I can see only advantage for nfs over native gluster

One question: with no gluster client that always know on which node a
single file is located, who is telling nfs where to find the required file?
Is nfs totally distributed with no "gateway"/"proxy" or any centralized
server?