[Gluster-users] Issue when upgrading from 3.6 to 3.7

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 12:05:47 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 4:37 PM, B.K.Raghuram <bkrram at gmail.com> wrote:

> Atin,
>
> Couple of quick questions about the upgrade and in general about the
> meaning of some of the parameters in the glusterd dir..
>
> - I dont see the quota-version in the volume info file post upgrade, so
> did the upgrade not go through properly?

If you are seeing a check sum issue you'd need to copy the same volume info
file to that node where the checksum went wrong and then restart glusterd
service.
And yes, this looks like a bug in quota. @Mani - time to chip in :)

- What does the op-version in the volume info file mean? Does this have any
> corelation with the cluster op-version? Does it change with an upgrade?

volume's op-version is different. This is basically used in checking
client's compatibility and it shouldn't change with an upgrade AFAIK and
remember from the code.

> - A more basic question - should all peer probes always be done from the
> same node or can they be done from any node that is already in the cluster?
> The reason I ask is when I tried to do what was said in
> http://gluster-documentations.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Resolving%20Peer%20Rejected/
> the initial cluster was initiated from node A with 5 other peers. Then post
> upgrade, node B which was in the cluster got a peer rejected. So I deleted
> all the files except glusterd.info and then did a peer probe of A from B.
> Then when I ran a peer status on A, it only showed one node, B. Should I
> have probed B from A instead?

 peer probe can be done from any node in the trusted storage pool. So
that's really not the issue. Ensure you keep all your peer file contents
through out the same (/var/lib/glusterd/peers) where as only self uuid
differs and then restarting glusterd service should solve the problem.

--

--Atin