[Gluster-users] Issue when upgrading from 3.6 to 3.7

B.K.Raghuram bkrram at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:07:30 UTC 2016

Atin,

Couple of quick questions about the upgrade and in general about the
meaning of some of the parameters in the glusterd dir..

- I dont see the quota-version in the volume info file post upgrade, so did
the upgrade not go through properly?
- What does the op-version in the volume info file mean? Does this have any
corelation with the cluster op-version? Does it change with an upgrade?
- A more basic question - should all peer probes always be done from the
same node or can they be done from any node that is already in the cluster?
The reason I ask is when I tried to do what was said in
http://gluster-documentations.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Resolving%20Peer%20Rejected/
the initial cluster was initiated from node A with 5 other peers. Then post
upgrade, node B which was in the cluster got a peer rejected. So I deleted
all the files except glusterd.info and then did a peer probe of A from B.
Then when I ran a peer status on A, it only showed one node, B. Should I
have probed B from A instead?