[Gluster-users] Expand distributed replicated volume

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:44:46 UTC 2016

Il 07 lug 2016 13:18, "Anuradha Talur" <atalur at redhat.com> ha scritto:
> Node to the cluster? You can add one per time.
>
> If you are asking about adding the number of bricks to a volume,
> in case of replica 3, if you want to keep the replica count same (3)
> then you have to add 3 bricks. These three bricks will be taken as a
> new replica group added to the volume.
>
> If you want to increase the replica count to 4, then you will have to
> add one brick each to all the existing replica groups. So that the
> replica groups now have 4 bricks each.
>
> Hope this resolves your query.

Lets assume a 3 nodes cluster,  replica 3, 6 1tb disks per node, 1 brick
per disk.

i would like to increase space and thus add a new node.
Can i add a single node with 3 disks/bricks and automatically rebalance?
In this case, gluster moves data around to use the maximum number or disks
for performance reasons?

We start with 18tb raw, 18 disks, 6tb usable, 100% used (6tb on 6 usable
disks)
After adding the new node with 3 disks we will end with 7tb usable.
all disks would be used as 6tb/7=0.85% right?