[Gluster-users] Expand distributed replicated volume

Anuradha Talur atalur at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 11:18:53 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Node to the cluster? You can add one per time.

If you are asking about adding the number of bricks to a volume,
in case of replica 3, if you want to keep the replica count same (3)
then you have to add 3 bricks. These three bricks will be taken as a
new replica group added to the volume.

If you want to increase the replica count to 4, then you will have to
add one brick each to all the existing replica groups. So that the
replica groups now have 4 bricks each.

Hope this resolves your query.

Thanks,
Anuradha.