[Gluster-users] disperse volume and its relation to xlators/cluster/ec

jayakrishnan mm jayakrishnan.mm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 04:43:09 UTC 2016

Dear  Xavi,

  How  is  the  data fragmented ? what if  a file  size  is  more than  the
fragment size? Can a fragment have data corresponding to 2 or more files ?
  How  the  data is  accessed  basically ( file open ?) ?  What  is  a
frame ?
  I have  searched a lot  of  documents about  glusterFS. None  of these
are  helpful  to understand  the  glusterFS in detail (from the perspective
of  writing  a  new translator),
  Jeff Darcy's tutorial  was helpful though.
   Perhaps, am I missing something?

  Can you  point to some good stuffs ?

Best Regards
JK