[Gluster-users] disperse volume and its relation to xlators/cluster/ec

jayakrishnan mm jayakrishnan.mm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 04:12:06 UTC 2016

Dear  Xavier,

I am trying to understand the disperse  translator  and its  usage.

From
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2014-01/txttzloLYIJOh.txt
, I see  there  are  four  components namely gfsys,dfc,ida  and  heal
which needs  to  be  compiled  with GlusterFS main source code.
I am  confused  this with xlator/cluster/ec.   What is the relationship
between this  and  the disperse volume components  mentioned  earlier ?
 Is   xlator/cluster/ec  is  erasure coding (ec) translator implementation
in glusterFS ? If yes, which algorithm it implements ? ( I know  disperse
volume implements IDA)
Pls. help

Best Regards
JK