[Gluster-users] question about sync replicate volume after rebooting one node

songxin songxin_1980 at 126.com
Tue Feb 16 10:29:50 UTC 2016

Hi,
I have a question about how to sync volume between two bricks after one node is reboot.

There are two node, A node and B node.A node ip is 128.124.10.1 and B node ip is 128.124.10.2.

operation steps on A node as below
1.gluster peer probe  128.124.10.2
2.mkdir -p /data/brick/gv0
3.gluster volume create gv0 replica 2 128.124.10.1:/data/brick/gv0 128.124.10.2:/data/brick/gv1 force
4.gluster volume start gv0
5.mount -t glusterfs 128.124.10.1:/gv0 gluster

operation steps on B node as below
1.mkdir -p /data/brick/gv0
2.mount -t glusterfs 128.124.10.1:/gv0 gluster

After all steps above , there a some gluster service process, including glusterd, glusterfs and glusterfsd,  running on both A and B node.
I can see these servic by command ps aux | grep gluster and command gluster volume status.

Now reboot the B node.After B reboot , there are no gluster service running on B node.
After I systemctl start glusterd , there is just glusterd service but not glusterfs and glusterfsd on B node.
Because glusterfs and glusterfsd are not running so I can't gluster volume heal gv0 full.

I want to know why glusterd don't start glusterfs and glusterfsd.
How do I restart these services on B node?
How do I sync the replicate volume after one node reboot?

Thanks,
Xin