[Gluster-users] Backup of 48126852 files / 9.1 TB data

Mathieu Chateau mathieu.chateau at lotp.fr
Sun Feb 14 10:11:33 UTC 2016

Hello,

On gluster client and server, did you disable atime & co ?
Did you check for network bottleneck ? You are now using network twice:
-One way to read data through glusterfs,
-One way to push data remotely somewhere

I am using rsnapshot on my side, so it's doing hardlink to same files,
maybe it goes faster than true full copy.
Also problem raise with folder containing a lot of small files in
replicated setup.
Which gluster version are you using ?

I also experience memory leakage from server doing rsync (glusterfs client
leak), but we are aware and patched has been pushed for version 3.7.8

Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU
http://www.lotp.fr