[Gluster-users] HA replica

Gmail b.s.mikhael at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 20:02:27 UTC 2016

I don’t understand why do u want to set quorum with only two servers. It doesn’t make sense at all!
simply create a distributed replicated volume with no quorum on your two nodes cluster, when one node goes down, the volume will still be RW without any problems.
How come you do want to set quorum on only two nodes cluster?!
To set quorum add at least a third node, so when you have a failed node, the other two will still serve the volume as RW.

the definition of quorum is as follows:
The quorum configuration in a failover cluster determines the number of failures that the cluster can sustain. If an additional failure occurs, the cluster must stop running. The relevant failures in this context are failures of nodes or, in some cases, of a disk witness (which contains a copy of the cluster configuration) or file share witness. It is essential that the cluster stop running if too many failures occur or if there is a problem with communication between the cluster nodes.

hopefully this made you better understand what’s quorum, there is no difference between a network partition and a quorum in a cluster of two nodes. that’s why I said what you are trying to do doesn’t make sense.

— Bishoy