[Gluster-users] Volume default options - turn off trash translator

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Dec 30 23:08:22 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Massimiliano Ferrero <
m.ferrero at cognitio.it> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am working on a 3 nodes gluster cluster, the nodes are vagrant
> virtualbox machines with ubuntu 16.04
>
> these are the packages installed (ubuntu repositories)
>
> ii  glusterfs-client 3.7.6-1ubuntu1                     amd64
> clustered file-system (client package)
> ii  glusterfs-common 3.7.6-1ubuntu1                     amd64
> GlusterFS common libraries and translator modules
> ii  glusterfs-server 3.7.6-1ubuntu1                     amd64
> clustered file-system (server package)
>
> Is it possible to set global volume options applied on all volumes on
> creation?

There is no easy way to accomplish this as of now.

> In particular I would like to turn off features.trash for new volumes

Note that features.trash is disabled by default in all releases of Gluster.
However .trashcan appears by default in all volumes even when
features.trash is disabled. If you are looking to not have .trashcan when
features.trash is disabled, we currently have a patch under review [1] for
accomplishing this behavior. If all goes well, this should be part of
Gluster 3.10.

Regards,
Vijay

[1] http://review.gluster.org/#/c/12256