[Gluster-users] Can I remove a brick for dispersed volume on 3.9?

Zhang Hang hangzzzzz at qq.com
Sat Dec 10 11:13:11 UTC 2016

Hi,
I am new to glusterFS and now I am trying it with the proxmox VE under lab situation. I have 5 nodes on proxmox VE and made a dispersed volume of  1 x (4 + 1) = 5. however, the node02 has failed to work now. so i plan to reinstall proxmox VE on node02 so i need to remove the brick on node02 but i failed with this message:
gluster> volume remove-brick DispersedVol node02:/gluster/node02/brick01 force
Removing brick(s) can result in data loss. Do you want to Continue? (y/n) y
volume remove-brick commit force: failed: Remove brick incorrect brick count of 1 for disperse 5

is that possible to remove a brick from the dispersed volume in this kind of circumstance?

here is some information of my volume:
root at node04:~# gluster
gluster> peer status
Number of Peers: 4