[Gluster-users] canceling full heal 3.8

David Gossage dgossage at carouselchecks.com
Sat Aug 27 22:35:02 UTC 2016

On Aug 27, 2016 4:37 PM, "Lindsay Mathieson" <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 28/08/2016 6:07 AM, David Gossage wrote:
>>
>> 7 hours after starting full heal shards still haven't started healing,
and count from heal statistics heal-count has only reached 1800 out of
19000 shards.  shards dir hasn't even been recreated yet.  Creation of the
non sharded stubs (do they have a more official term?) in the visible mount
point was as speedy as expected.  shards are painfully slow.

> Is your CPU usage through the roof?

Currently it has almost no activity.  First node yesterday got a bit high.
But 2nd node today that has issues is pretty low.

> If you haven't already, I'd suggest
>
> - changing "cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm" to "full"
>
> - And restarting the gluster volume if possible

I'll shut down vm's later tonight and see if that helps at all.

> I have a suspicion something changed recently with heal, I've noticed
that it takes a long time (hours) to kick in when the diff algorithm is
used. I don't recall it doing this with 3.7.11