[Gluster-users] canceling full heal 3.8

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 21:37:05 UTC 2016

On 28/08/2016 6:07 AM, David Gossage wrote:
> 7 hours after starting full heal shards still haven't started healing,
> and count from heal statistics heal-count has only reached 1800 out of
> 19000 shards.  shards dir hasn't even been recreated yet.  Creation of
> the non sharded stubs (do they have a more official term?) in the
> visible mount point was as speedy as expected.  shards are painfully slow.

Is your CPU usage through the roof?

If you haven't already, I'd suggest

- changing "cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm" to "full"

- And restarting the gluster volume if possible

I have a suspicion something changed recently with heal, I've noticed
that it takes a long time (hours) to kick in when the diff algorithm is
used. I don't recall it doing this with 3.7.11

--
Lindsay Mathieson