[Gluster-users] Fwd: Limits of Disperse volumes

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 18:17:24 UTC 2016

> Do you use libgfapi or FUSE or NFS on client side?
I use FUSE and I have nearly 1000 clients.

> How many files are you have in your volume?
>Files are more big or small?
I have over 1M files and %13 of cluster is used which makes average
file size 1GB.
Minimum/Maximum file size is 100MB/2GB.
Every day 10-20TB new data enters the volume.

> How faster does "ls" work)?
Metadata operations are slow as you expect. I try not to put more than
2-3K files in a directory.
My use case is for backup/archive so I rarely do metadata operations.