[Gluster-users] 3.8.2 : Node not healing

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 04:15:50 UTC 2016

On 20/08/2016 1:21 AM, David Gossage wrote:
> Any issues since then?  Was contemplating updating  from 3.7.14 ->
> 3.8.2 this weekend prior to doing some work changing up the underlying
> brick raid levels and needing to do full heals one by one.  So far has
> been fine on my test bed with what limited use I can put on it.

No problems at all, VM's operating normally, performance quite good.

I was wondering if my original problem was being over hasty with a "heal
full" command - maybe if I had waited a few minutes it would started
healing normally. Its my understanding that would do a hash comparison
of all shards, which would take a long time and really thrash the CPU.

I have backups running at the moment, once they are finished I'll repeat
the test and see how it does when left to its own devices.

--
Lindsay Mathieson