[Gluster-users] The GlusterFS 3.8.2 bugfix release is available

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 15:47:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 10:33:15PM +0800, Chen Chen wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> Thank you for your announcement. One of my reported Bugzilla is listed as
> fixed, so I'll try it out soon.
>
> I've also noticed you are a member of CentOS Storage SIG committee. When
> using the SIG repo, install "glusterfs-ganesha" always said "Error: Package:
> glusterfs-ganesha-3.8.1-1.el7.x86_64 (centos-gluster38) Requires:
> nfs-ganesha-gluster".
>
> Is this intended? Which repository should I add in order to get ganesha
> work?

Oh, sorry about that! The ganesha packages are still in the
centos-gluster38-test repository. You can install the packages like:

    # yum install centos-release-gluster
    # yum install --enablerepo=centos-gluster38-test nfs-ganesha-gluster
    # yum install glusterfs-ganesha

We have identified an issue with the nfs-ganesha packages and the cache
invalidation that can be enabled. With the version that is currently
available (nfs-ganesha-2.3.2-2), we recommend that you use a single
NFS-Ganesha server, and keep the "cache-invalidation" volume option to
"off".

NFS-Ganesha-2.3.3 was expected to be released this week. We have a fix
for the problems with the current version, but I was waiting for this
update to build new packages. The upstream release is most likely done
later today, and I hope to build+test the packages over the weekend.
That would make the packages (nfs-ganesha-2.3.3-1) available in the
CentOS Storage SIG repositories (and its CentOS mirrors) Monday evening
or Tuesday morning depending on your timezone.

HTH,
Niels