[Gluster-users] Convert replica 2 to replicat3 (arbiter) volume

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 13:38:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just finished to read the documentation about arbiter (https://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/arbiter-volumes-and-quorum/) and would like to convert my existing replica 2 volumes to replica 3 volumes. How do I proceed? Unfortunately, I did not find any documentation to that precise topic.

Also I was wondering if it is recommended to use a virtual machine for the arbiter instead of a physical machine. I suppose that in a replica 3 if the arbiter is slower than the two other nodes then the whole volume will suffer, is that correct?

Regards,
ML