[Gluster-users] Need help to design a data storage

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:43:11 UTC 2016

Il 09 ago 2016 10:06 AM, "Ashish Pandey" <aspandey at redhat.com> ha scritto:
> If your main concern is data redundancy, I would suggest you to go for
erasure coded volume provided by gluster.
> Erasure coded (EC) volume or disperse volume can provide you redundancy
without wasting too much storage.

is EC considered stable?  Could also be used with sharding for VMs hosting?
i would like to design a similiar cluster where data must be protected as
much as i can and at the same time allowing me to add one node per time,
not possible with EC disabled where nodes must be added in multiple of
replica count.