[Gluster-users] Tiered Volumes and Backups

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 05:10:49 UTC 2016

On 8 August 2016 at 15:03, Mohammed Rafi K C <rkavunga at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yes. You can control the behavior using the options.

Ta

> Also we are
> planning to give a pause or stop option for migration daemon so that you
> can temporarily suspend migration.

That will be quite useful.

My initial results with a ssd tier were quite disappointing,
performance was quite a bit worse with it that without, even after
giving it 24 hours to process and some 400 shard were promoted.

The SSD was mounted via ZFS and I did wonder if ZFS COW features were
killing performance, when I get time I'll try again with xfs.

Also there is the possibility that my SSD's are just not good enough
(Consumer grade Intel and Samsung). My SAS RAIDZ10 array maxes out at
600MB/3GB write/read.

--
Lindsay