[Gluster-users] Gluster not saturating 10gb network

Kaamesh Kamalaaharan kaamesh at novocraft.com
Wed Aug 3 06:40:08 UTC 2016

Hi ,
I have gluster 3.6.2 installed on my server network. Due to internal issues
we are not allowed to upgrade the gluster version. All the clients are on
the same version of gluster. When transferring files  to/from the clients
or between my nodes over the 10gb network, the transfer rate is capped at
450Mb/s .Is there any way to increase the transfer speeds for gluster
mounts?

Our server setup is as following:

2 gluster servers -gfs1 and gfs2
 volume name : gfsvolume
3 clients - hpc1, hpc2,hpc3
gluster volume mounted on /export/gfsmount/

The following is the average results what i did so far:

1) test bandwith with iperf between all machines - 9.4 GiB/s
2) test write speed with dd

dd if=/dev/zero of=/export/gfsmount/testfile bs=1G count=1

result=399Mb/s

3) test read speed with dd

dd if=/export/gfsmount/testfile of=/dev/zero bs=1G count=1

result=284MB/s

My gluster volume configuration:

Volume Name: gfsvolume

Type: Replicate

Volume ID: a29bd2fb-b1ef-4481-be10-c2f4faf4059b

Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2

Transport-type: tcp

Bricks:

Brick1: gfs1:/export/sda/brick

Brick2: gfs2:/export/sda/brick

Options Reconfigured:

performance.quick-read: off

network.ping-timeout: 30

network.frame-timeout: 90

performance.cache-max-file-size: 2MB

cluster.server-quorum-type: none

nfs.addr-namelookup: off

nfs.trusted-write: off

performance.write-behind-window-size: 4MB

cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: diff

performance.cache-refresh-timeout: 60

performance.cache-size: 1GB

cluster.quorum-type: fixed