[Gluster-users] Can't delete files from gluster volume in Windows

David Cowe david.cowe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 19:58:55 UTC 2016

Hello,

Glusterfs 3.7.10

We have a glusterfs volume made up of 1 brick on each of our 4 nodes.

The volume is setup using tiering. The hot tier has 2 bricks in a replicate
and the cold tier has 2 bricks in a replicate.

 We use samba (4.2) and ctdb to mount the volume to our windows clients via
cifs.

We cannot delete a file from the cifs mounted volume on Windows. The file
deletes ok on the Windows side without error but it does not delete from
the glusterfs volume on the storage nodes! When refreshing the Windows
cifs mounted volume (using f5), the file reappears.

 We can install the gluster client on a Linux machine and mount the gluster
volume and delete a file without any of the above issues of the file
reappearing.

We can also do this on Linux mounting it via nfs.

Our problem is to do with Gluster and Samba. Any thoughts?

Regards,

David