[Gluster-users] Gluster replica over WAN...

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:14:10 UTC 2016

Hello list...
This is my first post on this list.

I have here two IBM Server, with 9 TB of hardisk on which one.
Between this servers, I have a WAN connecting two offices,let say OFFICE1
and OFFICE2.
This WAN connection is over fibre channel.
When I setting up gluster with replica with two bricks, and mount the
gluster volume in other folder, like this:

mount -t glusterfs localhost:/VOLUME /STORAGE

and when I go to that folder, and try to access the content, I get a lot of
timeout... Even a single ls give a lot of time to return the list.

This folder, /STORAGE is access by many users, through samba share.

So, when OFFICE1 access the gluster server access the files over
\\server\share, has a long delay to show the files.... Sometimes, get time
out.

My question is: is there some way to improve the gluster to work faster in
this scenario??

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

--