[Gluster-users] gluster for web hosting

Oleksandr Natalenko oleksandr at natalenko.name
Sat Apr 30 17:24:43 UTC 2016

Umm, not that much you are planning to host.

Nevertheless, our scheme in M×N×K:

M — frontends with some caching for static, domains are balanced among
frontends using DNS RR;
N — PHP-backends with OPcache (it is *the must* for any network FS);
K — several GlusterFS nodes (distributed-replicated setup).

Interconnection is 2×10G.

M×N×K for us now is 2×5×(3×replica 2). It mainly hosts our public web-site as
well as various internal web-services like billing or Zabbix.