[Gluster-users] What is the corresponding op-version for a glusterfs release?

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 23:32:25 UTC 2016

On 04/20/2016 10:31 PM, Dj Merrill wrote:
> On 04/20/2016 12:06 PM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
>>> Curious, is there any reason why this isn't automatically updated when
>>> managing the updates with "yum update"?
>> This is still manual as we want to give users choose whether they want
>> to use a new feature or not. If they want, then a manual bump up is
>> required.
>
> Hi Atin,
> 	Does that imply that new features are automatically enabled when the
> op-version is bumped up?
They are supported is what I can say. If there are features which need
to be explicitly turned on by volume set interface, you'd still need to
do that to get the feature work.

> 	Is there a list somewhere of changes from op-version=2 to
> op-version=30710 and what features are automatically enabled and/or
> disabled with each op-version version?
Unfortunately there is no such document. But I can take you through
couple of code files [1] [2] where the first one defines all the volume
tunables and their respective supported op-version where the later has
the exact number of all those version variables.

[1]
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/release-3.7/xlators/mgmt/glusterd/src/glusterd-volume-set.c
[2]
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/release-3.7/libglusterfs/src/globals.h